October 2004 update: 45 second sound clips for all three tracks at
The Axiom Of Choice.
June 2004 update: This album now available at Wayside Music!
May 2004 update: This album now available at CD Baby, with sound clips!
Recorded live during the last four concerts of the March 2003 tour, this album finds Gnomus unearthing sonic fantasies darker, heavier and more sinister than on its acclaimed debut album of 2000. These completely improvised tracks come from three different performances, offering relatively broad view to the art of improvisation as envisioned by Gnomus.
The music on this recording is improvised by Gnomus. All tracks were recorded live during a tour of Finland in March 2003 (Sirens in Jyväskylä, Hypnos in Kuopio and Trauma in Rauma).
Recorded by Miikka Huttunen and Thierry Balasse. Mixed by Miikka Huttunen. Sound treatment by Teemu Korpipää. Additional sound treatment by Miikka Huttunen. Cover design by Teemu Saarinen.
Produced by Gnomus.
Thanks to Charles Gil and Thierry Balasse. Special thanks to Rogi Renwall of DER (Digital Editing Room), who saved our day!
Some pre-release history for "II"
- March 18-21, 2003: four gigs are recorded in Rauma, Lahti, Jyväskylä and Kuopio.
- November 8: the tapes are transferred from DTRS tapes to a hard disk
- December 2: the hard disk reaches the hands of our mixing engineer
- January 7, 2004: raw mixes are ready
- February 16: mixing completed
- March 2: cover art and mastering finished
- March 3: the material delivered for reproduction
- March 22: the CDs arrive
- March 27: the CD is released (Gnomus plays a concert in Amiens, France where the CD is first available to the public)